Friday, July 10, 2009

Excellent Moments

My daughter has recently become an affection monster. She's constantly hugging, patting and kissing me; flinging her arms around me with gusto. I had NO idea how addictive this would be. Really. Because my husband is very affectionate but she just puts him into the dust. It got me wondering ... what if everyone had somebody that was this affectionate to them each day? What if I were this affectionate to my family every day? What if I were more affectionate to my friends? Would they run screaming or would they feel .... well, loved? And would it be great from such an unexpected source?

I find I also can forgive her more quickly, easily and effortlessly because she is so open about her affection and it's so artless, so completely devoid of an agenda.

What if ... ?

No comments: