Sunday, December 21, 2008

Strange New World

More of the unexpected: constantly telling my son to pull up his pants ... telling my daughter to wipe her mouth and not pick her nose ... asking everyone if they need to use the bathroom ... being a food nazi and insisting on protein and vegetables all the time ... caring if their clothes match (people judge them by their appearance, I fear) ... caring if their hair is combed ... not caring if mine match/are combed ... forgetting to put on makeup for days at a time ... seeing my perfume bottles and thinking, "oh! maybe I should wear some perfume?" ... not putting time and effort into dressing Just So all the time ...

Some days I wish I had the time and energy to be the person I was in my 30s.

Some days I am grateful to have the chance to be someone different in my 40s.

Most days I am thankful to not give a damn what others think, not because I don't care about their opinions but because I care about my own a lot more.

No comments: